Sleeping Giant Brewing Company
Discover our fresh beer. Because, you can.
Sleeping Giant Brewing Company provides locally handcrafted stouts and ales made on the northern shore of Lake Superior in Thunder Bay.
Since 2012, this craft brewery has been producing full-flavoured, easy to drink beer with a bold northern taste. Both the water and malt used in the beer making process are sourced locally. Offering a variety of year-round beers, as well as a seasonal line up, Sleeping Giant Brewery has delicious beers for every occasion.
Currently the most popular beers are the Northern Logger, which is a golden ale, and the 360 Pale Ale which is a blend of an English Pale Ale and a North American hop. Beer can be purchased at all Thunder Bay LCBO locations and Brewer's Retail locations. It is also available at Superstore, Safeway and most bars and restaurants in Thunder Bay.
Their current shop is located at 712 MacDonnell street in Thunder Bay, Ontario. Indulge in a cold one as you take in the beauty of the North Shore of Lake Superior!
Locally or Family-Owned Business Notes
Sleeping Giant Brewing Company is locally owned and operated. They currently have a full-production brewery with ten employees. Matt Pearson is the general manager/owner, along with Kyle Mulligan who is the head brewer/owner and Andrea Mulligan who is the 'Education & beer awesomeness'/owner.
Sleeping Giant Brewing Company makes many efforts to participate in sustainable and eco-friendly practices which benefit the environment and local community. Some of these practices are:
- refillable/returnable glass bottles which can be brought back to the brewery for a deposit
- using "clip-tops" on their cans which are re-usable and can be returned to the brewery
- using sustainably sourced energy to run the facility, and using steam instead of natural gas to heat the water for brewing
- using paper bags instead of plastic bags in the storefront
- using "spent grains" leftover from the brewing process to make dog treats with K9 Delights Bakery which is a non-profit local organization supporting persons with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Spent grains are also picked up by local farmers to feed their cattle rather than be thrown away.
Monday to Wednesday 11am - 9pm, Thursday and Friday 11am -10pm, Saturdays 10am - 10pm. Sundays noon - 9pm